Oct 2009 – Sep 2012 The University of Tokyo
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Analysis Methods for Efficiency of Representations on Scalar Multiplicationh
(Graduate School of ISTfs Excellent Doctoral Thesis)
Oct 2007 – Sep 2009 The University of Tokyo
Thesis: gOptimal Average Joint Hamming Weight and Digit Set Expansion of Integer Pairsh (IPSJ Certificate of Excellent Master's Thesis)
April 2003 – Mar 2007 Chulalongkorn University
B.Eng. (1st class Honors) in Computer Engineering
Thesis: gMinimum Weight Conversion for Polygonal Complex Number Representationh
Oct 2012 – Present Department of Mathematical Informatics, The University of Tokyo
Researcher in ga Multifaceted Approach toward Understanding the Limitations
of Computationh Project
Teaching: Discrete Methods in Mathematical Informatics
Download: Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4, Lecture 5
Note: The lecture on November 20th is cancelled.
May 2009 – Mar 2011 ERATO-SORST QCI Project, JST (Part-time)
Research Assistance in Quantum Information Group
2007 – Nov 2009 International
Internship Program Co., Ltd (Part-time)
Thai Coordination, Coordinate Japanese educational company with Thai educational agencies
Mar 2006 – May 2006 Cauley
International Co.,Ltd (Internship)
Software Development, Automatic Speech Recognition
Thai: Native, English: TOEFL 227 CBT, Japanese: JLPT N1
Comfortable with Java, C/C++, C#, Prolog, Visual Studio, LaTeX
Have an experience on Matlab, HTML, php, asp/asp.net, Pascal, Haskell, LISP, Verilog HDL, OpenGL, OpenCV
Awards and Scholarships
2007-2012 Japanese Government Scholarships
2010 International Dispatch Program, IST, the University of Tokyo
2010 72th National Convention – Student Research Promotion Award
Information Processing Society of Japan
2006 3rd Place, World Robocup Competition, Small-Sized League, with Plasma-Z.
2005 Second Round Qualifier, Imagine Cup World Finalist, with Pentor.
Software Development, Companion Transform.
Integrated Image Processing Method into Web Service
2001 Gold Medalist, Thailand Computer Olympic Competition
– Elliptic Curve Cryptography, Computer
Arithmetic, Computational Algebra,
Large-Scale Data Analysis
4th Thailand-Japan International Academic Conference (TJIA 2011)
2011 Vice-President for Academic Affair,
Thai Student Association in Japan under the Royal Patronage (TSAJf72)
Innovation Club, Faculty of Engineering,
2006 Teaching Assistant, Microsoft Partner in Learning Project.
On Web Service and Visual Studio
2002 Vice President, Computer Club, Triamudom Suksa School.
1. V.Suppakitpaisarn, M.Edahiro, and H. Imai, "Optimal Elliptic Curve Scalar Multiplication Using Double-Base Chains", International Journal of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (IJDIWC), Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 923-942, SWIDC, 2012.
2. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro and H. Imai, gOptimal Elliptic Curve Cryptography Using Fibonacci Sequenceh, Proceedings of the 5th Thailand-Japan International Academic Conference (TJIA2012), 2012. (to appear)
3. C. Chuengsatiansup, H. Imai and V. Suppakitpaisarn, gEvaluating Optimized Computation in Double-Base Chain for Efficient Elliptic Curve Cryptographyh, 15th Japan-Korea Joint Workshop on Algorithms and Computation (WAAC2012), pages 56-63, 2012.
4. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro and H. Imai, gFastest Multi-Scalar Multiplication Based on Double-Base Chainh, World Congress on Internet Security (WorldCIS-2012), pages 93-98, IEEE Xplore, 2012.
5. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro & H. Imai, gFast Elliptic Curve Cryptography Using Optimal Double-Base Chainsh, Proceedings of the International Conference on Informatics & Applications (ICIA2012), pages 190-204, SWIDC, 2012. (Best Paper Award)
6. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro & H. Imai, gCalculating Average Joint Hamming Weight for Minimal Weight Conversion of d Integersh, In Md. Saidur Rahman & Shinichi Nakano (eds.), WALCOM: Algorithms and Computation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Vol. 7157, pages 229-240, Springer, 2012.
7. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro & H. Imai, gFast Elliptic Curve Cryptography Using Minimal Weight Conversion of d Integersh, In Josef Pieprzyk & Clark Thomborson (eds.), Proceedings of the tenth Australasian Information Security Conference (AISC2012), Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology (CRPIT), Vol. 125, pages 15-26, ACS, 2012.
8. V. Suppakitpaisarn, gNew Side Channel Attack Countermeasure Based on Minimal Hamming Weight Distributionh, Proceedings of the 3rd Thailand-Japan International Academic Conference (TJIA2010), pages 58-59, 2010.
9. V. Suppakitpaisarn and T. Praneenararat, gStriped Grid Files: An Alternative for High-Dimensional Indexingh, Proceedings of the 2nd Thailand-Japan International Academic Conference (TJIA2009), 2009. (Best Presentation Award)
10. V. Suppakitpaisarn and M. Edahiro, gThe Novel Representation for Redundant Complex Number Arithmetic: Extended Octagonal Representationh, the 11th Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on Algorithm and Computation (WAAC2008), pages 7-14, 2008.
11. V. Suppakitpaisarn and A. Surarerks, gMinimal Weight Representation for Polygonal Numberh, Proceedings of the 11th Annual National Symposium on Computational Science and Engineering (ANSCSE11), 2007.
1. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro and H. Imai, gCalculating the Efficiency of Elliptic Curve Cryptography by Reducing the Suffix Tree of Hamming Weight Arrayh, ERATO Minato Discrete Structure Manipulation System Project, Early Summer Workshop, 2012.
2. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro and H. Imai, gOptimal Average Joint Hamming Weight for Asymmetric Representationh, IEICE Research Meeting on Computing, Technical Report of IEICE, Vol. 112, pages 79-86, 2012.
3. V. Suppakitpaisarn, gFast Elliptic Curve Cryptography Using Optimal Double-Base Chainh, the 3rd ERATO-SORST Quantum Computation and Information Workshop, 2011.
4. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro and H. Imai, gFast Elliptic Curve Cryptography Using Optimal Double-Base Chainh, LA2010-Winter, RIMS, Mathematical Foundation of Algorithms and Computer Science, Vol. 1744, pages 129-136, 2011.
5. V. Suppakitpaisarn, gOptimal Average Joint Hamming Weight and Minimal Weight Conversion of d Integersh, Uber Seminar, Cryptography and Computer Algebra Group, Technical University of Darmstadt.
6. V. Suppakitpaisarn, M. Edahiro and H. Imai, gMinimal Weight Conversion Algorithm for Any Digit Sets and Its Analysish, 21st International Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms (IWOCA2010), 2010. (Poster Presentation)
7. V. Suppakitpaisarn and M. Edahiro, gOptimal Average Joint Hamming Weight and Digit Set Expansion of Integer Pairsh, Proceedings of 72nd IPSJ National Convention, pages 3/653 – 3/654, IPSJ, 2010. (Student Research Promotion Award)
8. V. Suppakitpaisarn and M. Edahiro, gNew Side Channel Attack Countermeasure Based on Minimal Hamming Weight Distributionh, LA Symposium 2009-Winter, RIMS, Mathematical Foundation of Algorithms and Computer Science, Vol. 1691, pages 174-180, 2010.
9. V. Suppakitpaisarn and M. Edahiro, gFast Scalar-Point Multiplication Using Enlarged Digit Set on Integer Pairsh, the 26th Symposium on Cryptography and Information Security (SCIS2009), 2009.
10. V. Suppakitpaisarn and A. Surarerks, gMinimal Weight Representation for Polygonal Complex Number Representationh, LA Symposium 2007-Winter, 2008.